Would you believe me if I told you that in a bowl of homemade dairy free feta cheese lied the answers to my current life questions? Allow me to explain before you think I’ve gone completely bonkers, as I know for some the concept of dairy free cheese alone can already make me sound a little off my rocker.
It all started when I became aware that I have been trying to attain something in my life sooner than it is naturally supposed to appear. Do you ever want something so badly that you begin to lose patience and as a result it consumes your every thought? Well, that’s exactly what I’ve been feeling this week and intuitively I know that all I have to do is let go of the idea and it will appear in my life when the time is right. For some reason as much as I know this to be true it hasn’t been easy to do. To find comfort in the craziness that is my busy mind I went into my kitchen to recreate a recipe for my cookbook and to my surprise the confirmation to my lesson on patience and trust came through in the form of Feta Cheese. I was in my kitchen making ice cream and yet somehow ended up with Feta cheese- a recipe I intended on making three months prior… How did that happen? I know this must sound very odd but I think you’ll understand me better by watching this video that I’ve made for you. I find the creative process really helps put my life back into the flow, a place where everything comes at the right time and a place where I have everything I need in the moment that I’m in.
Does creating in your kitchen help you find clarity and confirmation?
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp probiotic/prebiotic powder (optional)
- In a blender, blend together macadamia nuts and water until smooth. Strain the cream through a nut milk bag or strainer removing excess liquid to create a wet but mostly dry feta crumble from the pulp.
- Set liquid aside and use for another recipe.
- Add the strained pulp to a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients either mixing by hand, with a spoon or using an electric mixer for a few seconds on mix until all ingredients are incorporated throughout the feta.
- Place feta in a jar with your favorite herbs, olives, sundried tomatoes or seasoning.
- Serve on a salad in a sanwhich with fruit for breakfast or on a cheese plate for a great start to a meal.