Remember that super simple 4 ingredients in 4 minutes Feta recipe I posted a few months back? Well here’s your chance to make it again except this time adding it to a perfectly paired salad. This has been my go to salad this month as it couldn’t be simpler and satisfying. This recipe usually feeds Alex and myself however, I wouldn’t dare judge you if you devoured a lb. of kale on your own as I’ve been known to do the same from time to time.
I use meyer lemons here because they are available at the farmers market and are my absolute favorite as I love there sweet lemony scent and juicy goodness. In fact the beauty of this salad is that all of the ingredients except for the feta comes from the farmers market which means it’s all in season and local for any of you living in Southern California. Regardless of what market you’re attending this week from grocery store to farmers stands you’ll be able to find all of these ingredients easily so as my favorite farmers market vendor always says “go on and treat yourself” to this deliciously nourishing dish!
What’s your favorite salad dressing? Let me know by leaving a comment below!
- 1lb. or bunch kale (I used a mix of purple and green)
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- Juice of 1 meyer lemon
- 1½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp dates (I used khadrawi)
- ¼ cup macadamia feta
- ⅛ cup pistachios
- 3 small sliced radishes (I used one purple, pink and white)
- 1½ tsp. dried oregano
- Destem the kale
- Wash and spin dry the kale
- In a large bowl combine the kale with lemon, vinegar, eve and salt. Massage these ingredients into the leaves and let sit for a few minutes while you prepare the toppings.
- Pit and chop the dates
- Shell the pistachios
- Sprinkle oregano into kale
- Slice the radishes thinly using a mandolin
- Add the feta crumbles