I’ll admit it, clever Facebook posts and cravings got the best of me tonight… Anyone else reading this post have the same problem as me, the one where you see a delicious food photo and instantly want to make it?
As I was checking out my news feed I came across Jason Wrobel’s photo for Chocolate Chip Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies! Immediately I wanted the recipe but the post said the recipe would be shared soon… Soon-was not soon enough for a pregnant mama craving a little cookie action. I immediately went into my kitchen and whipped up a batch of cookies based on the ingredients I had on hand. Which of course meant that peanut butter and chocolate were involved in the mix.
I always try to keep my baking cabinet stocked for occasions like this when I “NEED” something a little indulgent. So I pulled out the chocolate morsels, gluten free flour, peanut butter, vegan margarine and flax meal to get things going. I knew with these basic ingredients on hand that I’d be in cookie heaven in a few short minutes.
The irony is that when I finished baking these cookies I simply couldn’t even eat one. I was so tired that it didn’t feel right to eat them before going to bed. However, the evening hours didn’t stop Alex from eating three with a fresh glass of almond milk. I baked off half the batter and froze the other half for future cookie emergencies. After all I am in post partum planning mode. Surprisingly the cookies did not show up in my dreams and I didn’t even wake up to grab one in the middle of the night, instead I did what anyone with little self control would do and ate them for breakfast, hah! :)
If i’ve tempted you by posting these cookie photos I’m sorry. But I’m only sorry if you don’t treat yourself to them right away, as I know the lingering thought of cookies can be very distracting on ones productivity levels.
Wishing you a cookielicious day,
Ps. I’ll be sharing what all of these colorful triangles are for in a future diy post, stay tuned by subscribing to the blog! xxo
- 2 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup vegan margarine
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal plus 6 tbsp water)
- 1 1/4 chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350
- Whisk flax egg ingredients together and set in the fridge for a few minutes while you prepare the cookie batter.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour, salt and baking soda and set aside
- In an additional medium mixing bowl beat together the remaining ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients to this bowl and stir until well combined
- Using an ice cream scooper scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking pan. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack for five minutes before eating. Serve with a glass of your favorite milk!