I’ll admit it, clever Facebook posts and cravings got the best of me tonight… Anyone else reading this post have the same problem as me, the one where you see a delicious food photo and instantly want to make it?
As I was checking out my news feed I came across Jason Wrobel’s photo for Chocolate Chip Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies! Immediately I wanted the recipe but the post said the recipe would be shared soon… Soon-was not soon enough for a pregnant mama craving a little cookie action. I immediately went into my kitchen and whipped up a batch of cookies based on the ingredients I had on hand. Which of course meant that peanut butter and chocolate were involved in the mix.
I always try to keep my baking cabinet stocked for occasions like this when I “NEED” something a little indulgent. So I pulled out the chocolate morsels, gluten free flour, peanut butter, vegan margarine and flax meal to get things going. I knew with these basic ingredients on hand that I’d be in cookie heaven in a few short minutes.
The irony is that when I finished baking these cookies I simply couldn’t even eat one. I was so tired that it didn’t feel right to eat them before going to bed. However, the evening hours didn’t stop Alex from eating three with a fresh glass of almond milk. I baked off half the batter and froze the other half for future cookie emergencies. After all I am in post partum planning mode. Surprisingly the cookies did not show up in my dreams and I didn’t even wake up to grab one in the middle of the night, instead I did what anyone with little self control would do and ate them for breakfast, hah!
If i’ve tempted you by posting these cookie photos I’m sorry. But I’m only sorry if you don’t treat yourself to them right away, as I know the lingering thought of cookies can be very distracting on ones productivity levels.
Wishing you a cookielicious day,
Ps. I’ll be sharing what all of these colorful triangles are for in a future diy post, stay tuned by subscribing to the blog! xxo
- 2 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup vegan margarine
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal plus 6 tbsp water)
- 1 1/4 chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350
- Whisk flax egg ingredients together and set in the fridge for a few minutes while you prepare the cookie batter.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour, salt and baking soda and set aside
- In an additional medium mixing bowl beat together the remaining ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients to this bowl and stir until well combined
- Using an ice cream scooper scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking pan. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack for five minutes before eating. Serve with a glass of your favorite milk!
SUBSCRIBE for exclusive newsletters & giveaways!
Seek & Find
This Month Last Year
- Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic Hummus with Chives (made in France)
- Motherhood: Body Image & Weight Loss
- Chocolate Avo Pudding with Walnut Date Crumble (Two Ways)!
For Easier Viewing:
If you LOVE, please LIKE!
If we're destroying our trees and destroying our environment and hurting animals and hurting one another and all that stuff, there's got to be a very powerful energy to fight that. I think we need more love in the world. We need more kindness, more compassion, more joy, more laughter. I definitely want to contribute to that.Ellen DeGeneres