I really don’t know what to properly label this creation other than inspired and delicious! I figure if we can create and coin sweets such as the cronut (a croissant-doughnut hybrid) then we can certainly call this a cuptart (a cupcake-tartlet hybrid)!
Each year I strive to make a raw pumpkin creation as I consider myself a hardcore pumpkin pie fan, but truth be told I never find the unconventional recipes to be exciting enough to post. Until now that is! Crazy thing is that I came up with this recipe that you nor anyone else for that matter would know that it didn’t contain pumpkin. Nuts right?!
Speaking of nuts, that’s exactly what I used for the base along with carrots and turmeric. You might be wondering why I’m even calling this a pumpkin dessert if there isn’t any pumpkin in the recipe but let me assure you that I did sprinkle in pumpkin pie spice and had I not mentioned that this recipe didn’t contain pumpkin you wouldn’t know otherwise. Go ahead make this recipe and try it out in your circle, my bet is no one would ever guess that you fed them carrots for dessert (teeehee-heee)! I guess that makes these the perfect trick & treat!
Happy Halloween, Loves!
Will you be dressing up this Halloween? Do share your costume plans?! I plan to be a galactic cowgirl…As you can tell, thanks to the cronut my imagination is really embracing hybrids! 😉
- 1 cup carrots(minis)
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1/8 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 tsp turmeric root (peeled)
- 1/8 cup yacon syrup
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pecans
- 8 pitted dates (I used khadrawi)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- For the base: Using a food processor, process pecans into a flour
- add in remaining base ingredients and pulse until combined. Press base into cupcake liners and set aside in fridge until filling is ready.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour filling into base and refrigerate until slightly firm aprox 2 hours.
- Add a dollop of coconut whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon for a knock-out presentation!