Some of us are still working on figuring out our Halloween costumes and then there are those of us still trying to figure out what treats to pass out that we can feel good about, to both the neighborhood children and our own? A treat that doesn’t have to sacrifice all things sweet, chewy, delicious and playful!
To lighten the load for you and the trick-o-treaters, I made these caramels to help fill the void of healthful yet nostalgic and down right delicious treats. You’ll not only get joy making and wrapping these sweet treats but also by sharing them with all of the cute kiddos ringing your bell this year! Be sure to save a few for yourself. These morsels of deliciousness store well in the fridge, enjoy!
- 6 medjool dates (pitted)
- 3 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp butterscotch extract
- Combine all ingredients using a food processor. Pulsing until well combined without chunks
- Using your hand pinch 1/2 tbsp of mixture out and roll into a ball
- Form ball into rectangle
- Place in fridge for aprox 2 hours or until firm enough to handle and wrap.
- Wrap using wax paper & washi tape
- It helps to have wet hands or to rub your hands with coconut oil when working with this mixture.