If you read my blog regularly, then you probably know that I absolutely love living in Venice Beach! This very special slice of beachside living encapsulates living freely, uniquely and creatively! There isn’t a day that passes, that I don’t give thanks for residing and participating in this eclectic and vibrant community.
Speaking of gratitude… A couple of years ago we were fortunate enough to get our very own cafe Gratitude here in Venice Beach. Looking back six years ago, I used to have to travel to San Fran to get my fix of their heavenly desserts, awesome good vibes, and stellar raw and vegan dishes. Now, I simply stroll around the neighborhood to get my Gratitude fix. 😉
This recipe was inspired by my favorite dishe served at the Venice location. It’s full of crunch and flavor all the while being filling, yet light in the body. As always, I encourage you to get creative with my recipes, perhaps using your favorite nut butter or other flavor enhancers. However, if you choose to use the Brazil nut butter that I used (and you’ll be glad you did), you can find it here .
- 1 pouch kelp noodles
- 4 oz fresh basil
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp brazil nut butter
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Tomato, pine nuts & red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
- Add garlic, water, lemon juice to bottom of blender. Pile in basil, salt,Brazil nut butter and nutritional yeast and blend until creamy with basil flecks still visible
- Pour over rinsed kelp noodles and mix
- Serve garnished with tomato, pine nuts and red pepper flakes.
“To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” – David Viscott
Love Fed & Grateful,