Looking for that quick to whip up dinner or lunch that will nourish and satisfy you to your very core? I’ve got you covered with this recipe!
I’ve never been busier as a new mum and now author despite the fact that there’s a lot on my plate none of it will get my family fed in that belly/body goodness kind of way. When I do make the time to get in my kitchen I meal prep like never before, which has been my saving grace for nourishing my family. I plan to share my process for this with you sometime soon.
Despite my obvious challenges with time, I’m still creating new meals as I am a creature of constant change. Only difference now is that they are focused on efficiency (go figure!), which in reality I wish I had done sooner as I’m marveled by how quick and delicious some of these meals come together with little to no planning. This curried kale dish is the perfect example of my new style in the kitchen. It feels appropriate to call this the “busy bodies bowl” as it can be whipped up in 20 minutes and is nutrient dense enough to support our bodies in a loving way so that we can in turn do and create all that we are working towards.
Best of all, this recipe tastes incredibly savory and delectable wether eaten right off the stove or straight from the fridge. So make a big batch and use those leftovers as a free pass to treat yourself to the gift of time. Now, if you’ll excuse me I’ve got a beach date with these guys, thanks to the time I gained making this meal.
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 lbs kale (mix of green & purple)
- 1 can coconut milk
- Salt & pepper
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Cook quinoa(2 cups water 1 cup quinoa).
- Destem kale.
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Sauté coconut oil garlic and onion until translucent add in the kale salt and pepper and begin to let it cook down for about one minute.
- Stir in the coconut milk, nutritional yeast and curry powder keep stirring until kale is fully coated. Cook for three minutes continuously stirring then remove from heat once kale is cooked down.
- Serve kale over the quinoa and garnish with avocado, cilantro sprouts and pistachios if desired.
- Optional garnishes pictured here: Micro Greens, pistachios and avocado