This recipe is so simple that a baby can (& did) make it. Okay, Nova didn’t entirely make this recipe on his own but he had a great time helping. Check out this video I shot of him working his culinary magic on this banana bread.
As usual I wanted a sweet breakfast that was healthy and this time I wanted something baked. So with a counter full of perfectly speckled bananas I immediately pulled out my blender and enlisted the men in my home to help. This recipe came together in minutes and was devoured and savored throughout the day with plenty left over for the following morning. I separated the batter into mini muffins and loaf pans to offer a little variety.
Speaking of variety, Alex enjoyed his slices with almond butter and Nova and I ate ours too quickly to even think about spreading anything on top. Although I did sprinkle in some chocolate chunks for good measure on a few of the cupcakes! I hope you enjoy how quickly this bread comes together and how delicious and nourishing it feels in your body.
- 2 cups all purpose gf baking mix flour (I love pure pantry)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3¼ ripe bananas
- ½ cup coconut oil partially melted down
- ½ cup coconut crystals
- 11/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax seed meal mixed with 6tbsp water)
- ½ cup chopped raw walnuts
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease loaf pan & or muffin tins with coconut oil
- In a blender add all ingredients except for walnuts and chocolate chunks, blend until smooth. Mix in walnuts and chocolate by hand and pour mixture into loaf or muffin pans.
- Bake muffins for 30 minutes and loaf for 45 mins