As a special Mother’s Day treat, I want to share this lovely Springtime celebration cake with you! It’s the cake I created for both Nova and my birthday, which was the first week in April. This cake was inspired by my recent trip to Europe and the colors in my garden when returning from my travels. With the cherry blossoms in bloom and the green returning to the garden, I knew I wanted to incorporate the colors pink and green into a cake. The flavors are soft, subtle and pleasantly sweet which makes this a light and delightful cake.
Likely if you’re reading this now you’ve been along on this mom journey with me, watching Nova and I grow, and cheering me on as newish parent and us on as a family. I thank you for being here with us! If you’re new to Love-Fed, welcome and consider this cake a starting place to get a taste of the recipes and intention that goes into the food that I share on Love-Fed.
But, that’s not all I’m sharing today! I’m overjoyed to launch the “work with me” service page and look forward to working with you soon! Please have a look at the professional services I offer by clicking the “WORK WITH ME” tab. I’d be honored if you’d share my services with your friends and network who might enjoy working with me.
I thank you all so much for being a part of this growing and loving community! It’s been an honor to share my creations, passion and work with you all over the years and there’s so much more goodness to come!
Stay tuned for more via my Instagram and Facebook. The first place to receive news is via my blog newsletter so if you haven’t yet subscribed, enter your email and gain access to special Love Fed perks for subscribers only!
Love Fed & Grateful,
- Pistachio crust
- 11/2 cup pistachios
- 2 vanilla beans (scraped)
- 4 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsps lemon zest
- White layer
- 1 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 cups soaked and drained cashews
- 1/8 cup lemon juice plus 1 tsp zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 4 tbsp honey
- Raspberry layer
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Coco Whip
- 1 can coconut cream (refrigerated for 24 hours)
- 1 vanilla bean (scraped)
- Place all crust ingredients in food processor and process until sticks together and begins to form a ball.
- Press crust evenly into bottom of cake pan
- White Layer
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour have of the batter on top of crust and reserve the remaining mixture in the blender.
- Raspberry Layer
- Add 2 cups of raspberries to white layer reserved in blender and blend until smooth. Pour the pink batter on top of the white and place in freezer for two hours or until firm.
- Coco Whip
- Using an electric mixer, whip cream and vanilla together until fluffy. Do not over mix.
- Pour whip into pastry bag and decorate as desired.
- Place cake in the freezer and allow to set for 2-4 hours. Remove from freezer and garnish.
- Garnish with pistachios, berries, white chocolate and gojis.